Dr. Feng-Ming (Spring) Kong is a Fellow of American College of Radiology, Fellow of American Society of Radiation Oncology. Dr. Kong is an Associate Director of oversea experts for Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology.
Dr. Kong, a graduate of Washington University at St. Louis Radiation Oncology Residency program, has published more than 190 peer-reviewed and invited articles, has served as lung cancer expert panelist in NCCN and ACR practice guidelines. She received numerous awards including ASCO young investigator/career developmental awards and NIH/NCI R01. She has served on the editorial board of multiple Journals including JCO, and faculty and scientific committee member of ASCO, ASTRO and world lung cancer congress for years. Dr. Kong is PI of RTOG1106 and RTOG3502 and a co-chair of NRG imaging committee. Dr. Kong served as President of American Society of Radiologist/Radiation Oncologist (AAWR), is an inaugural fellow of AAWR and is the Founding President and Chair of Board of Sino-American network for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (SANTRO).
- Bi N, Shedden K, Zheng X, Kong FM*. Comparison of the Effectiveness of Radiofrequency Ablation With Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy in Inoperable Stage I Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: A Systemic Review and Pooled Analysis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016 Aug 1;95(5):1378-90. doi:10.1016/j.ijrobp.2016.04.016. PubMed PMID: 27479723.
- Wang S, Campbell J, Stenmark MH, Stanton P, Zhao J, Matuszak M, Ten Haken RK, Kong FM*. Plasma Levels of IL-8 and TGF-b1 Predict Radiation Induced Lung Toxicity in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients: A Validation Study, International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics 2017 May 1;98(1):244. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2017.01.181
- Kong FM*, Ten Haken R, Schipper M, Frey K, Hayman J, Gross M, Ramnath N, Hassan K, Matuszak M, Ritter T, Bi N, Wang W, Orringer M, Cease K, Lawrence T, Kalemkerian G: A phase II 10 trial of mid-treatment FDG-PET adaptive, individualized radiation therapy plus concurrent chemotherapy in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), JAMA Oncology, JAMA Oncol. 2017 Jun 1. doi: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2017.0982. PMID: 28570742
- Wang W, Huang L, Jin JY, Jolly S, Zang Y, Wu H, Yan L, Pi W, Li L, Mellor AL, Kong FS*. IDO Immune Status after Chemoradiation May Predict Survival in Lung Cancer Patients. Cancer Res. 2017 Nov 8. pii: canres.2995.2017. doi:10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-17-2995. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29118088
- Wang S, Campbell J, Stenmark MH, Stanton P, Zhao J, Matuszak MM, Ten Haken RK, Kong FM*. A model combining age, equivalent uniform dose and IL-8 may predict radiation esophagitis in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Radiother Oncol. 2018 Mar;126(3):506-510. doi: 10.1016/j.radonc.2017.12.026. PubMed PMID:29496281; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5874799.
- Ma JT, Liu Y, Sun L, Milano MT, Zhang SL, Huang LT, Jing W, Zhao JZ, Han CB, Kong FS*. Chest wall toxicity after stereotactic body radiation therapy: a pooled-analysis of 57 studies. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2018 Nov 26. pii:S0360-3016(18)34022-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2018.11.036. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30496884.
- Kong FS*, Moiseenko V, Zhao J, Milano MT, Li L, Rimner A, Das S, Li XA, Miften M, Liao Z, Martel M, Bentzen SM, Jackson A, Grimm J, Marks LB, Yorke E. Organs at Risk Considerations for Thoracic Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy: What Is Safe for Lung Parenchyma? Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2018 Nov 26. pii: S0360-3016(18)34014-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2018.11.028. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30496880.
- Xue J, Han C, Jackson A, Hu C, Yao H, Wang W, Hayman J, Chen W, Jin J, Kalemkerian GP, Matuzsak M, Jolly S, Kong FS*. Doses of radiation to the pericardium, instead of heart, are significant for survival in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Radiother Oncol. 2018 Nov 8. pii: S0167-8140(18)33553-9. doi: 10.1016/j.radonc.2018.10.029. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30416046.
- Kong FS*, Li L, Wang W, Campbell J, Waller JL, Piert M, Gross M, Cheng M, Owen D, Stenmark M, Huang KC, Frey KA, Ten Haken RK, Lawrence TS. Greater reduction in mid-treatment FDG-PET volume may be associated with worse survival in non-small cell lung cancer. Radiother Oncol. 2018 Oct 30. pii: S0167- 8140(18)33518-7. doi: 10.1016/j.radonc.2018.10.006. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30389239.11
- Yu H, Wu h, Wang W, Jolly S, Jianyue Jin JY, Hu C, Kong FM*, Machine Learning to Build and Validate a Model for Radiation Pneumonitis Prediction in Patients with Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer, Clinical Cancer Research, accepted for publication in March, 2019
Kong FM and Kong FS are the abbreviation variants of Feng-Ming (Spring) Kong, according to their individual formatting principals